Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.
Baoyu Zhou is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Michigan (Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering) and the University of Chicago (Booth School of Business), working with Professors Albert S. Berahas, Haihao Lu, and John R. Birge. He received his doctoral and master’s degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) from Lehigh University, advised by Professor Frank E. Curtis. Before joining Lehigh, he received his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He was a Givens Associate in the Mathematics and Computer Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory and a Research Intern at Facebook AI Research. He won the Van Hoesen Family Best Publication Award at Lehigh ISE Department in 2021 and received the Elizabeth V. Stout Dissertation Award at the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science in 2022. His research focuses on developing, analyzing, and implementing practical algorithms for solving large-scale continuous optimization problems. (website)
Wanping Dong joined the department of Industrial, Operations, and Engineering at the University of Michigan in 2022 and is expected to graduate in 2027. Before that, she received her undergraduate degree in the School of Mathematical Sciences at Peking University. Her research interest is designing and analyzing algorithms for solving optimization problems related to machine learning.
Jiahao Shi is a PhD candidate expected to graduate in 2025 in the department of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan. Before joining IOE, he received the bachelor’s degree in the school of Mathematics at the Shandong University and the master’s degree in the department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics at the Johns Hopkins University. He is interested in stochastic optimization, derivative-free optimization, and machine learning. His research is motivated by solving real-world optimization problems. He is currently working on constrained stochastic optimization and adaptive stochastic optimization algorithms. (website)
Tunan Wang is a 2nd-year Master’s student majoring in Applied Statistics at the University of Michigan. He is interested in developing optimization methods that can be applied to real-world problems. And currently, he is focusing on distributed optimization problems.
Chengyue Zhang is a Master’s student in IOE at the University of Michigan. She was an undergraduate student in the University of Michigan-Shanghai Jiaotong University Dual Degree program. She majored in Industrial and Operations Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. She is interested in optimization algorithms and application of optimization methods in real-life problems.
- Oluwakemi Johnson (IOE)
- Congyan Song (Honor Mathematics & Data Science & Statistics)
- Zhiyuan Sun (Mathematics and Computer Science)
Former Students (chronological order)
- Zihong Yi (2020-2023): University of Michigan (Undergraduate)
- First position: PhD in Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University
- Xiaoyi Qu (2020-2022): University of Michigan (Undergraduate)
- First position: PhD in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Lehigh University
- Virginia Artigot (2022): University of Michigan (Undergraduate)
- First position: Masters in Industrial Engineering, Universidad Pontificia Comillas
- Samir Agarwala (2021): University of Michigan (Undergraduate)
- First position: Masters in Computer Science, Stanford University
- Kai Liu (2020-2021): University of Michigan (Master’s)
- Jiannan Xu (2020-2021): University of Michigan (Master’s)
- First position: PhD in Operations Management/Management Science, University of Maryland
- Majid Jahai (2018-2021): Lehigh University (PhD)
- First position: Senior AI Scientist, Target
- Liyuan Cao (2018-2020): Lehigh University (PhD)
- First position: Postdoctoral Researcher, Beijing International Center for Mathematical Research, Peking University
- Oumaima Sohab (2018-2020): Lehigh University (PhD)
- Ved Patel (2018-2020): Lehigh University (Master’s)
- First position: Data Scientist, Coupa Software
- Sudeep Metha (2018-2020): Lehigh University (Master’s)
- First position: Data Scientist, CVS Health
- Sergey Rusakov (2018-2019): Lehigh University (PhD)
- Zheng Shi (2018-2019): Lehigh University (PhD)
- First position: Data Scientist, IBM